Jess from Jess and Jacy and I compiled a list of questions for you to answer for the first section of Sugar Queen. (okay, Jess is way better at coming up with questions than I am! AND much more qualified!)
- What are your initial thoughts of the book so far?
- Discuss and compare Josey's relationship with her mother and her father. Why do you think Josey decided to stay and take care of her mother? Do you think it was because of the fits she threw or do you think that there are other reasons?
- Discuss Josey's relationship with food. Why doe she hide this candy in her closet?
- Why do you think Josey's mom doesn't want Josey to feel pretty? For example, taking the red sweater off when it looks pretty on her.
- Why do you suppose Josey was such a difficult child? What caused her to be that way?
Hope you guys are having fun reading Sugar Queen! For me it was somewhat of a slow, kind of strange "I don't know what to think" start and now I'm glued. It usually works that way for me though!
We will see you Monday for the link up! Remember, you do not have to be a blogger to participate. You are more than welcome to post your thoughts/answers in a comment below the link-up. We can't wait to see what you have to say!